[ SHOWGSD-L ] OT - THE LACK OF QUALITY IN CUSTOMER SERVICE

  • From: "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 20:53:25 -0400

This is a problem.  Calling for help is thwarted at many levels

Sometimes the person does not speak your language and reads from cue cards

Other times they are clueless.  This happens with with calling your ISP or
cable company

I am so frustrated with 28.8 dialup that I was considering cable.  I got
details today.  Twenty
minutes later the TV cable went out (the same people will be supplying the
INTERNET!)
I called.  After pushing 2 for English, 3 for tech support and waiting on hold
for 37 minutes, the
woman says

Nobody else in your town has called with a problem.  Well, everyone else has
satallite in this
town of more horses than people.

She then says, is there snow on your TV.  NO, I don't get snow, I get the blue
screen of death
saying NO CABLE SIGNAL AVAILABLE

Her reply then was You need to turn off your VCR or DVD.  They aren't on, and
if they were, I
would have a picture isntead of the words NO SIGNAL.

Well, maybe on Monday, she says.

Well, 5 minutes ago, the cable came back on after they fixed a major problem in
the City that
according tothem should not affect my cable

ARGH

I am reconsidering cable modem and might wait until 2011 to get DSL

Doc Zoe
Wynsum http://wynsumgsd.com