[ SHOWGSD-L ] Not in my back yard

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 18:35:13 EDT

In a message dated 10/3/08 11:41:39 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx writes:
It is  easily done.  Again, those who refuse or complain are free to  not
enter.  It is an idea who's time has come...and then  some.

I disagree. We are not Germany and we do not have the German attitude of
letting those at the top make the rules.  They even allow the president of  the
SV judge the show every year.

We here in America believe in ourselves, trust ourselves, and enjoy this as
a sport, not as a strict competition to be tested, regulated, and ruled to the
 last instance. We don't require the Grand Victor to do more that win on the
day  of the show. We don't require him to have so many progeny on the ground.
We  don't require him to be drug tested, promoted after the show, x-rayed,
tested  for color, or other restrictions.

This is a free country, and a free society. If you suspect your neighbour,
then do so, but don't use it to force everyone into a restrictive enviornment,
and try to bring down the system.

I trust my fellow exhibitor. I trust my judge to determine the best  dog.  I
trust the breeders to use the best male available, and not to breed  to a dog
just because of the title.

That is the system I chose to enter into over 40 years ago, and the sport
and breed I love.

If you want to be suspicious of your friends, fine, but I chose not to join
in. I may be fooled that way, but the dog shows I go to are for fun, not to
change my opinions of the animals, nor to listen only to what the judge has to
say.  I am an individual, and I will always default to my own  opinion.  You
may see it differently, and when the dog show becomes  dictatorial, I will
start to show fish.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/