[ SHOWGSD-L ] No one spoke up, so it must be great

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:59:04 EST

In a message dated 2/11/08 7:46:59 AM Pacific Standard Time,
hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
it is  about how very few if any complain about the site being in the same
location

Is it?

Should we base our National locations on how few object and complaint, or  on
how few attend?  Also, is our National only about the dog show, or is is  a
function of our club, and an event designed for the membership?  Is it  just
another dog show, and the intent is to make the most money possible?   Is the
purpose of our National to make sure we have the largest entry we can,  and
nevermind who it disenfranchises?

These are a few of the questions we need to answer. I have the answers for
myself, but I only speak for one of the little people, me. Our board represents
 the entire membership. Not those clustered in the midwest freezing right
now,  not the most populous state, California. They don't only represent the
three  members in North Dakota, nor do they only represent those who are in the

North East and support one candidate for president. They represent us all. The
GSDCA is a club, it is not a business. It is non profit, not a corporation
trying to increase the bottom line.

These questions are just a few of what should be considered when it is  again
questioned on how to set our National locations. And the question will  come
up again.  I have faith in our board, Nancy who will make  suggestions, and
the membership who will be heard.

Not, how few complain.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds