[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Nightmare Puppy Buyers

  • From: genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: melanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 21:55:55 +0000

Good Grief!  And my friends wonder why I have not had a litter of puppies in
four years. That is a perfect example right there.A few years back I sold a boy
puppy to a husband and wife who seemed very nice. They did not live too far and
said that I could visit the puppy anytime that I wanted. Well, they called me
when he was five months old because his ears were not up. i went over to their
house and taped his ears. I called about four days later and they said the tape
was still in and he was fine. I called two weeks later and the same answer. I
called them about a month later. They said that the tape was out and his ears
had been up really good for about two weeks. Great right......wrong!!!! They
called me when the puppy was eight months old and said his ears were down and
had been for two months. She started yelling at me and said that I had better
take him to an ear doctor and have his ears fixed because I had sold them a
puppy with bad ears. I said his ears just need to b
 e tape
d again...no big deal. She would not let me come over and do it. I got realled
angry and told her to please just bring my puppy back and they would get a full
refund. They brought him back, I gave them all their money back. I taped his
ears. it only took two times and he had great ears. They never called to see
how he was. I called them one day and said hey do you remember Rolf, you know
the puppy that you loved so much. You have not even bothered to call and see
how he was. Then I said ...Oh by the way his ears are up and he is a very
handsome dog. Guess you lose. I was still so angry that I sent them a Christmas
card with a beautiful head shot of Rolf taken by the phptpgrapher at a dog
show. Am I bad or what????? I really do not like dealing with pet puppy buyers.
Sorry this is so long but I thought it was a good story!

Amy Greenhut
Justrock German Shepherds
Gen Oak Leopard Tortoises, Tortoise Rescue

From: "Melissa" <melanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>