[ SHOWGSD-L ] Next for Jimmy

  • From: carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 09:45:24 -0800 (PST)

     O.K. Folks,   I agree that Jimmy has been one of the handlers
  responsible for putting our breed in the spotlight, even though not
  always with the best representative of our breed.  For many years
  now, he has been showing bitches and has truly made the AB
  judges take more than mere notice.  I have heard that he is
  considering retirement.  There is one more service to our breed
  that I would ask of him before he leaves GS handling.  That is
  that he show the AB judges what a really good male is.  I
  would like to see him take one of the top three select males
  to campaign, if only for a year, at the AB shows.  Now, I am
  not implying that there are not some good males winning
  sometimes or that only the top three select males are the
  only ones worthy, just that it would be so nice if the top dog
  in the AB ring was also top dog in the specialty ring rather than
  being two different styles .
        The judges are doing a better job with our breed, probably
  due greatly to Jimmy.  Now it's time for him to teach them what
  to look for in males.
                     Carolyn