[ SHOWGSD-L ] Never be offended

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 10:26:51 EDT

In a message dated 5/7/2010 7:35:16 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
tokaye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

WOW - I  am so offended by your posts. Most of us are intelligent enough to
understand  the rules. Somehow you feel you have the right to offend
everyone. Some us not  only understand the Grand Champion rules but also
understand your insults,  whether actual or implied. Tiring to say the
least.....and
I rarely respond or  post.

I can't speak to anyone else, but I sure didn't mean to offend  anyone.  I
am very pleased with the answers to what this new program  means.

I take judging very seriously.  If I am being asked to do  something in the
ring as a judge, I want to know what it is, and try not to do  it wrong.  I
realize now that the AKC didn't bother to determine what we  were to judge
on, but to decide if the quality we are judging meets some sort of  standard
that the judge decides.

That confuses me as I always judged against the standard, and  not some
personal opinion as to the quality. I am willing to judge in any manner  that
the AKC wants, and I respect that other judges can do the same. I just
wanted to know what I was being asked to do.

Because of the answers on this List, from Kay, Cathy and Peggy  in
particular, I have a good idea of what I am supposed to do.  I  will try to do
that.
How it will work out, I have no idea.  I don't know if  I can judge the
dogs that way or not, but I will try.

No one should be offended when we ask questions, or give  answers. Some
humor here and there never hurts, but certainly the exchange of  ideas and
theories has been a great help to me.

And, it is always about me.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds