[ SHOWGSD-L ] Neutered Male

  • From: SHOGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 20:44:49 EDT

Peggy wrote:
Nah...just because you can't cook doesn't mean you can't turn on the  stove!
Often it depends on the age at which the dog was  neutered.  If he
already was "aware," he's going to stay aware.
                     -----------------------------------
And then there are those older dogs that can figure it out if the bitch  is
good at getting her point across.  Several years ago, I had a boy who  was
neutered at 10 months and never knew 'girls' existed.  I did a lot of
obedience
with him, so he was regularly around bitches in season.  He was  probably about
6 years old when I brought a bitch into the house.  She'd  been in season a
couple of times, and he never so much as sniffed her.   When the bitch was
close to 2 yrs old, we bred her, she had her puppies and  all was well.  The
next
time she came in season she was constantly flirting  with my boy, who had to
be at least 8 years old by now.  Well, the two of  them were in my living room
when I heard a squeal......Yup the old boy had tied  her.  Somehow, she told
him how it was done!
Wendy
Mt. Vernon, NH