[ SHOWGSD-L ] National numbers

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "Gsdbroon@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 19:49:03 -0400

I have been questioned as to why I bring up this numbering situation now
and not before, as calling it the102nd show is merely a continuation of what
has labeled the shows for many a year.

I was not cognizant of the date of the first National until engaging in
the research for the Centennial historical exhibit that Vivian and I prepared
for the 2013 show and the historical booklet that got cancelled. We were
preoccupied with those tasks and did not notice the numbering on the premium
list and catalog.

As the 2014 National approached,Vivian and I were giving all our attention
to a health problem she had and were not paying that close attention to
the national.

So when the Review arrived this summer with the Advance Brochure in it and
I saw the error I sent the email to those concerned.

Apparently the numbering error has existed for years and this years Show
Chair should not be blamed for it. I have chaired some big all breed shows
(2900+ entries) and you start out building on the prior year's premium
list and catalog. She cannot be faulted for not knowing about the prior
error.

Tom