[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National Photos

  • From: WyMarGSD2@xxxxxxx
  • To: Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 13:57:25 EDT

Hi Penny... yes that's what you did girl  :)   It was a  pleasure, as always,
taking photos of everyones dogs... i have always been known  for taking
photos of every single dog in all placings.... lighting,  dogs reactions,
handlers,
 bad stands... all things that are not in my  power...nor power of other
photographers, but i do take pics of EVERYONES  dogs.  Tina i am sure it was an
oversight, most photographers really try  hard, i know Ruth and Terry are also
ones who get EVERYONES dogs... we know  what its like to be in the ring wanting
and needing photos  :)

I was the Official NASS Photographer this year and not able to attend  the
Nationals...I was up til 3 am most nights working on photos while  there so by
the time i got home Tuesday, The working class males and  females were already
on my site... i worked it backwards, started with the  adults then i would go
do puppies, then go to the Junghundklasse and then back  to puppies, do
Veterans... i spread it out for all to enjoy.  Its time  consuming, for sure.
It
takes time to crop and sign the photos and you  want to make sure the
complimentary photos are on the web and plan a private  viewing for the photos
you are
unsure if they should be in public... some feel  their photos are private and i
respect that.

Next year, I will have my son with me helping.  The NASS was AWESOME  this
year.. judges had to change some of the schedule to provide the  best possible
show times so Designs by Dawnmarie had to go with the flow and we  did the best
we could with the sun, the rain, the dogs and the very nice  judges  :)

SUPER EVENT by the NASS team... cant wait til next  year!!!

If i am able to attend the Nationals next year, and am asked again to  photo,
I would be happy to help and as always, will get the best possible, true
photos of the dogs.  If they are all set, then maybe catch you at a  Specialty
show or something.   There was a rumour that I was not doing  AKC shows anymore
that I was only doing SV style shows, but that is not  true.  If there are two
shows the same day, whomever asks me first, I will  do.

Not sure how many did the National this year, i heard three stories,  but i
am sure they are working hard trying to get everything going. I have  worked
several National level events and i know how time consuming it is, and  have
received a great deal of support from the competitors... I was the first  one
around to have the laptop handy right at the show years ago.... seems to  have
taken off from there... modern technology has come along way... i remember  i
was printing photos in St Louis... 6 yrs ago, wow is that how long ago it
was???

I would love to see the photos if someone can email me the link to the
official photographer.
I am still waiting for photos from the Canadian  Sieger show, conformation
photos... anyone know who did that  gig?????    I had a super female in the
18-24 class

Regards,
Dawnmarie

In a message dated 11/2/2007 1:12:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
For  everyone out there with photos beside the winning photos, your dogs look
 lovely.  The photographer did a good job.

Can't wait to see all my new friends at next year's  Nationals.  Maybe I'll
have better luck then getting a  picture.

Tina
Illusion  GSDs
Hi Tina and everybody,
Next  year, why don't you contact the photographer ahead of time, give
him/her your  dog's catalog number and request that shots be taken, with the
understanding  that you will buy them?  I did that at the RI Specialty with
Dawnmarie,  who took some shots of Jeddie, which I later bought.
Easy solution,  no?