[ SHOWGSD-L ] National Numbers/ members by state....2005

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jane Kerner" <jkerner@xxxxxxxxx>, <MAJTEACH@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 11:43:49 -0800

I live in California and I know I'm shooting myself in the foot,  but California
is not a good choice because it's a FAR COAST and therefore impossible for
one Coast to drive to......and there are NO MAIN HUB AIRPORTS!!!
L.A. is a MAJOR airport,  S.F. is a MAJOR airport...S.Diego.. MAJOR airport,
but none are main hubs for any airline.
This really isn't about who's favorite State or where the most members dwell,
but about EVERYONE getting to the National WITH THEIR DOGS TO SHOW!!

That's ALL we need to remember.   Driving distance.... and main hub airports.
Until we all understand the problem.....we will not get this solved.....

1.  Drivable for 1/3  or 1/2 of the Country..... 2.  Main Hub Airport nearby....

This is about making it possible for everyone with a dog to be able to attend
the
National every year.  Those not showing DOGS can get to ANY site ANYWHERE!

As Helen M.Fisher said...."we don't like it, but we have to be
realistic"....PLEASE!

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

>> I believe the total is 685 for Midwestern states and the central section
>> of the country. >> Making the case for California on the basis of "numbers"
may not be the >> best way to frame the discussion.>>>> Jane Kerner