[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National Impressions --- Long

  • From: myjoygs@xxxxxxx
  • To: inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 11:17:13 -0500

 I actually liked his initial ring procedure.
Groups of 7 would come in, be individually evaluated, sorted, put in the
keeper group or in the dump pile.  I like that kind of procedure.  Early in
the day during bitches, when some animals that I thought were worthy of
further consideration started hitting the dump pile and some that I would
have considered less than worthy made it to the keep pile, I started to
wonder what was going on.  But hey, again, I'm not in the middle of the
ring, seeing all the things in mouth, and coming or going, etc.  So on the
day went.  When we got down to the final 20, and then the real work began, I
have to say, I am disappointed that the procedure used earlier fell apart,
at least that's what it looked like from up in the stands.  The groups of 20
were split into groups of 10.  The first group of ten containing the top
placers in their individual groups (2nd time through), the second 10 half or
more also top placers in their individual groups plus a keeper or 2 from the
dump pile.  This is where I have to say I was confused.  Unless I missed it
and I didn't leave the building during any of the judging, the front half of
the second group never compared against the dogs for higher placement
against the dogs in the front half.  The same happened in dogs.

I pretty much agree, but then again I wasn't in the ring or judging just my
opinion.  I thought the place was good, wish herding could have been on the
site as well.  I have one peeve and that is the Victory Dinner, by the time I
got to the food they were already out of most of it and what was left was
tasteless.  The chicken, I think that is what it was well I don't have a word
for it.  $38 and it was horrible.  McDonald's would have been a huge
improvement.  I think having the dinner catered is a problem in getting quality
food.  I don't blame anyone I am sure this continues to be a nightmare for
whoever handles the Victory Dinner.  No one is ever going to be happy but
really to run out of food and the food itself is horrible there has to be a
better plan and no I don't have the answer.  Maybe having it at a restaurant,
hotel I really don't know but to pay $38 and walk away hungry is not the answer
either.
And that is all I will complain about, it was great to see friends and talk
dogs and see some real nice quality animals.  Disappointed to come home and get
on the list and see that unfortunately nothing has changed with the way we
treat one another.  If we can't say the word God in our conversation without
someone taking offense then we are in trouble here.  We are all different and
we need to respect each other. Lets all try to get along here, we don't have to
always agree or agree with the judging and we have a right to express our
opinion, nicely and if we want to we have the option to hit that delete key.

Joyce