[ SHOWGSD-L ] National

  • From: Trahanone@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 09:57:00 EST

The new elected board and the new president I believe will do a nice job and
listen to the members which are in essence there customers. Some of the new
ideas I have heard sound great and I believe in time will be incorporated.
As one of the post said we must realize that many people put in many hours
and dont get paid a dime for there efforts so it is hard to be critical. I opt
to be less critical and look at suggestions that may improve the sport/hobby
that we love.To me our national is great......does it need some tweekings???
sure and in time it will be. Prior to meeting my wife in 1997 I was showing
sporting dogs and went to several different breed nationals. When I went to my
first shepherd national in 1997 I was so impressed as compared to the
Weimaraner
National, Lab national, Brittany national, etc.

REMEMBER: IT ALL STARTS WITH LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.  THEN ITS
FACILITIES AND EASE OF GETTING OUR ANIMALS AND EXHIBITORS TO AND FROM THE SHOW
WITH
PROPER LODGING AND RESTAURANTS IN REASONABLE DRIVING DISTANCE.

YOU DONT LOCATE A POWER GENERATING STATION WHERE THERE ARE NO FAMILIES THAT
NEED ELECTRICITY!!!

SCOTT TRAHAN
WHITE OAK

GVX GODIVA