[ SHOWGSD-L ] NO PAWS Demonstration

  • From: "LuAnn Kennedy" <brendangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 17:36:14 -0500

Just received this from a friend.
LuAnn Kennedy
Wheeling, WV
PERMISSION TO CROSSPOST

There will be a genuine cross section of species owners in Washington D.C.
November 8 to attend the "NO PAWS!" Demonstration, and then the Santorum
hearing on PAWS in the Dirksen Building  at 2:30 p.m. as well.

People intending to attend own primates, dogs, cats, birds, and exotics, so we
will be presenting a UNITED front against PAWS in D.C. Tuesday!

It is not too late to sign up to attend. Just send an email to
PAWSDEMOLIST@xxxxxxx   You will then be informed of the important details of
exactly where, what to bring etc. That announcement will be sent out today to
those registered.

The fully funded 'NO PAWS!" Bus left Texas Friday afternoon, but not before all
media along the route was notified of the Trip. The Bus plans on renotifying
the media of their location well ahead of planned stops along the way so that
media could meet with them.  This will bring even more national attention that
the PAWS Bill must not go forward , and will begin bringing this issue to the
general public.

Bringing the need to oppose the PAWS Bill to the general public was one of the
intents of this unique project.

I wish to sincerely Thank each, and everyone of you that stepped up to support
the fund for the NO PAWS! Bus. You supported this Demonstration quickly, and I
received many kind notes of support.

Those that are giving up their time to attend the Demonstration Tuesday are
truly an inspiration to work even harder, and I feel privileged to know that I
will have the opportunity to meet many of you in person.

Thank You everyone!!
Come to D.C. November 8!! (The weather will be good...high 60s!)
Reports will be made later.
   Colby Homer...owner of West Virginia PetLaw
   NO PAWS! Demonstration Event Coordinator
   PLEASE CROSSPOST