[ SHOWGSD-L ] NC Vet help needed for Paw

  • From: KHECKMAN@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 11:02:00 -0400

My vet is a butthole!  Plain and simple.
Here's the problem...

I took the dogs out as usual early this morning, and I noticed Paw was
not acting like himself.  He is usually eager to go, however, this
morning he didn't want to get up.  I coaxed him outside, and he went
and layed in his favorite spot by the fence gate.  A little later I
brought them breakfast and I noticed he was still in the same place,
so, OK.  I called him to come eat, but he didn't want to get up.  I
calle dhim again, and reluctantly, he came over sniffed the bowl and
walked away.  Not like him at all.  He can never get enough to eat.
So, I was concerned.  He just looked liek he doesn't feel well.  Now,
normally when I go out to the car, he runs to the fence or the door
and barks because he loves to ride and he wants to go, but this
morning, he didn't even get up and come to the fence by the driveway.
He just layed in his spot.
So, I called my vet and told them the problem.  I explained that I
know something is wrong, but I have no idea what because he was fine
last night.  I asked about doing a CBC and complete chemistry panel to
see what that would look like and go from there.  Anyway, my vet
doesn't want to do it, he just wants to farm us out the the Specality
hospital in Cary.  Now, I have not had any bloodwork done on this dog,
and I would think my request is not unreasonable.  would you?

Anyone near me have another vet they would recommend?  What shouls I
say to my vet?

Kathy H.