[ SHOWGSD-L ] NAME TAGS AT NATIONAL

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 17:03:20 EST

In a message dated 12/30/2007 3:08:26 P.M. Central Standard Time,
fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I had a  thought along the same lines at our National. Include Name Tags  with
VISIBLE names with entries, catalog orders, red book orders,  dinner
reservations, etc. OR -- let folks order a name badge at the same  time they
order everything else.  Name tags could also be  made  at the on-site
hospitality desk.

Fran Henry

On 12/30/07 1:14  PM, "ELG440@xxxxxxx" <ELG440@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Another  suggestion I had made, was to have LARGE name plackards to wear
> around  our necks. I had them at the magician's convention, and it sure
make  it
> easier to pretend to know everyone.  It can't be expensive, it  would just
> require someone to print them and buy holders and string to  hang them  from

 Another idea is to sell permanent name tags like Judges use that they  buy
from their individual judges associations. Judges who judge a lot ,long ago
revolted at the stupid round plastic things they'd pin on you,so with AKC
approval the judges assoc. sold them. I have three.- one of the first
ones---plastic -gold background black lettering,safety catch. Second one was a
gold metal
with Seal of Judges Assoc on it in red--safety catch. Third and last  --best
one yet --. same rectangular shape and colors no safety catch--uses  magnetic
attachment. No more holes in sheer blouses. I'm sure there are many pin
/label companies,that could provide what they  wanted. You'd wear to
seminars, and
 to the National,We used to always wear our Parent Club pin,but  that doesn't
identify you These would be your permanent I.D. badges  Helen  Miller Fisher