[ SHOWGSD-L ] My thoughts in reveiw

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 22:59:33 EST

Every month I get a number of magazines. I get the Linking Ring, which is
the magazine for the International Brotherhood of Magicians.  Next month in  it
will be an article I wrote.  I get The Restorer, the magazine of the  Model A
Ford Club of America, since I am the attorney for the club. They have  30,000
members so it is hard to compare that magazine to the Review. I get a
magazine for the Trial Lawyers of America, but they have over 50,000  members.
I get
the Quarterly, and had written an article for the last ten  issues or so, and
they keep asking me to write something every  issue.   I have never heard
from anyone who read one of my  articles, so I probably won't write for them
again.

By the time I get to the Review, I am pleased with the cover picture, an
article or two and some pictures of some dogs I haven't seen.  I have not  been
asked to write an article for years now, but if I am needed, I will be  asked
and I will do it.

When I do read the Review I am proud of our club, and find a minute to
reflect on the future of the breed.  I get a copy every month, and I don't
look at
the cover to see if it is behind or what month it is. When I send  in an ad,
it is so well done, that it makes me proud to have sent it in. Gail  always
improves what we send.  I always make sure there is enough lead  time, that I
don't have to worry about the magazine being late.

Tomorrow night I will do what I do every year at that time.  I will  sit in
my office by myself and reflect on what I did to make the world a little
better for someone.  I will consider what I might do next year to help
another,
and how I can change what I have been doing to find a better way to  improve
someone's life.  And, I hope to find a way to do better the next  year.

I will consider what mistakes I have made, and what I can do to avoid doing
it again.  But, what I will not do is try to find who has failed me, who  has
caused me pain, or who I should blame.

Each year I do wonder how I survived another year and why?  A child I
arranged for adoption 18 years ago is starting chemo, and I will think if there

might be some way I can help.  I will think of those who are no longer  here,
and
those who are. My friends, people I have not met and those  who might join
one of those groups in the next year.

I will think carefully about how I will begin and hopefully finish the next
year, and it looks like this year I will start the year by sitting with  Tedi
in the rain watching the Rose parade  in Pasadena.

It sounds like a good way to begin 2006.  Then I will look for the  next
issue of the Review, in about a month.  I will read The Restorer, The  Linking
Ring, the Review, and The Quarterly whenever they come.

Then in 356 days I will do it again.  Not that there is anything wrong  with
that.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together