[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Movie actors

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 00:07:08 GMT

According to her message, Daphne stated, "How would you feel about a new movie
about the history, life and times of Rin Tin Tin " and as such, I feel using a
dog that looks like the original RTT of the 50's is very appropriate. Why try
rewrite history and pretend the dog is something he's not?
Yes, I can envision an actress like the late Moms Mabley playing the roll made
famous by George Burns.

Gayle & the Hooligans!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gid9031976 - The Hooligans
http://www.picturetrail.com/gid9033686 - Bridge Kids

-- ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 2/2/06 10:18:02 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
While I  agree with you that these wonderful actors did a fine job portraying
the  individuals you mentioned, you have to keep in mind the actors spent
many  hours being made up to look like the people they were portraying.  Do you

really think it would be easy to take a dog like Scoop or Dallas and  get them
into make up so they would look like the RTT of the 50's?  In my  opinion, it
would be easier to get an existing dog that already has the  looks and
mannerisms of the RTT of that era.

That is a good thought.

Was the story about Rin Tin Tin about the dog, or the exploits of the  dog?

 Should the public of today think that the style of 50 years ago is  the
proper look of our breed today?

Did Daphne save the line to show what used to be, or because of dedication
to the lines?

 Would a film about Rin Tin Tin be a retrospective about what was or a  story
about what is?

These are the questions that need to be answered, not just what type of dog
should star in the film.

When they made George Burns God, shouldn't they have used a black  woman?

Evan  (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/