[ SHOWGSD-L ] Merry Happy and Joy to all

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 08:48:37 -0800 (PST)

I got home from a whirlwind trip around the country the other day.

  I am so glad to have my Liddy home again.

  She finally came in heat, just in time to sprinkle blood all around my rather
new mini van with leather seats.

  I have 4 new sheets, covered in spots.  Thank you Wal Mart.

  She will be inseminated later this week.

  Puppies the first week of March.

  I must thank Butch and Gail for more than I can say.  They took fantastic
care of my girl, and they are the best of hosts.  We had a wonderful dinner,
the first home cooked meal I have had besides Thanksgiving since August.  And
my kitchen is still unusable.  Maybe by the end of January, I will have a
kitchen, so then I will be able to decided where the whelping box goes.

  Right now I do not have room in my house for the 3rd dog, much less a
whelping box.

  My boys and I had a good trip and we got to see parts of the country we have
never seen.  I am sure I passed close to many of you, but time was pressing and
I had to get to St Louis for a vet appointmet, and I needed to be home for
dinner tonight at my mother-in-law's.

  To all you northen living people, I am done with cold.  I am sure I live in
Miami to avoid winter.  Walking dogs in the teens was just not my idea of fun.

  Stepping out this morning without a coat on, now that was a lot more fun.

  I am done with hotels for now too.  A different one every night.  What a
chore!  Unload the van, feed the dogs, feed the kids, go to bed, load up the
van and drive again.

  I love driving to be sure, but this was a lot of work!!!!!

  I am glad to be home, glad to have my girl back, and she is glad to be here
too.  Now, she just has to like the straw she gets, since she cannot have the
real thing. LOL.

  Happy holidays to all and to all a warm night!
  Sheila

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training