[ SHOWGSD-L ] MOVING - NEVER AGAIN!! OT

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 19:16:51 EDT

I am never going to move again - I'll just have them dig a hole in the back
yard!!  The moving van was supposed to arrive Tuesday so we wait around for it
half the day until the driver finally called and said he couldn't get workers
to help unload the van.  So it was off till Wed.  He was supposed to be there
between 8 and 8:30 (takes us almost an hour to get to the house) and goes to
the wrong address so he shows up about 10:30.  Then he tells us our stuff is
coming in 2 loads because he couldn't fit everything in  his van.  What fun!!!
We get to wait for a moving van again - probably next week.  Ho Ho
In the meantime the nuts and bolts to put the table together and some of the
other things were nowhere to be found (I hope they will turn up in some box).
THey managed to crush most of the lampshades but I guess that's not too
important yet as we haven't unpacked any lamps.  It took so long to unload what
they had yesterday the driver didn't want to put anything together.  They
finally
left about 7:30 and we got back to Lake Anna about 8:30.  We had the dogs
with us so they were ok but tired of being in the crates.

Good news is the fence guys are coming next week to install the fence so the
dogs will have a yard.

Meantime, if you guys get tired of picking on the NIS or the futurity judge's
requirements, you can always come help me unpack some boxes.  Oh yes - I
forgot they crushed one file cabinet - fortunately it was not one with futurity
stuff in it (just some of my old dog files).

Of course the funny part was that Bob got a first hand dose of what moving is
all about.  Tish has always handled it all the other times we moved (which
are many).  Someone would take off for work or something.  I kept telling him
it
would take longer than 4 hours to unload the van and that the garage would be
overloaded with stuff.  Now he knows what goes on!!  LOL

So we are two tired people here and it's going to take awhile to get things
to normal.

Tish