[ SHOWGSD-L ] MONROE SHOWS ARE CANCELED

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:00:20 EDT

I got a call from Pat Booker last night.  He received a phone call  from the
LA Lt. Governor and the President of the AKC.  The state of LA  needs to use
the Monroe Arena to place 1000+ people who are now without  homes.  The shows
are canceled.

He will be sending a letter to all the judges for their records, but was
trying to contact everyone by phone right away.  If you know of anyone who  was
planning to go those shows ask them to check the AKC web site.  Show
cancellations will be posted there.

We have 6 people and 7 dogs with us here in Dallas.  Friends who have  lost
everything.  If anyone has any kennels, crates or anything they can  share,
please contact your local animal shelters.  It is heartbreaking to  see
families
having to part with their animals,  even if temporary,  but they have to. They
have no choice. They have nowhere to go.  The  shelters and rescue groups are
going to need   EVERYONE'S    help

Today, PLEASE,  keep everyone on those states in your prayers.

If you can help, do it.
Don't think for a minute a little is too little.  Any help is  good.
God knows we can only count on ourselves.  Outside help is absent as  of yet.

We are always willing to help those in need, and I know in my heart that's
the right thing to do.  I am proud to be an American, and never felt bad  about
doing the right thing.
So don't waste time thinking about those who aren't here to help.   Roll up
the sleeves and become that help you are waiting for.

Ileana