[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Lunch

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PUD709@xxxxxxx, DaniaKarloff@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 19:10:54 -0800 (PST)

Marion you are so right. I have been in the Oregon club since the early 80's
and I can tell you that we have never left a judge unattended. Never.
Terry
PUD709@xxxxxxx wrote:
i can understand all the fun and banter about lunch,chippendales etc.  BUT to
get to the serious side something should be done to address Barbara's e mail
about not even having the offer of a dinner after judging all day and looking
forward to getting up at dawn and starting again.  I have been in that position
,as have many other judges, where you arrive into a city to judge a specialty
and hear from no one.  Not only about your accomedations or if you got there
but about feeding you and getting to the show-that usually comes in the AM.

As my kids would say-oh no not the old days again- but being a show chairman
for many years we always hosted the judge to a dinner.  I dont buy that there
was no one free to take them.  Sometimes it was an effort but the judge never
knew it.  We were pleased that they came to judge a show.  How is someone, in a
strange city, no car and alone supposed to do this?

You wont find this at all breed shows.  If there is not dining at the
hotel-which is then acceptable to have the judge dine alone-someone should
check to see what the needs are.

this doesnt apply only to Barbara at the National but to all your specialty
shows...

it's a lonely feeling to hear from no one and have to order a pizza.

Marion Lawrence