[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Judges, Stewards...hosted

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxx, amidon@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 11:19:37 -0800 (PST)

In Oregon we had 2 trailers set up between the conformation and obedience ring.
There was one for judges and one for stewards. Luches were provided and planty
of snaks.There were boxes of supplies for each steward's table.  Looks like
this is the first year that Nancy had to do it alone. :0) We worked very
closely with Nancy last year to make sure everything ran smoothly. One of the
major factors in picking the site is, do you have enough local people to fill
all of the jobs. How central are they to the show site.If you don't have enough
people to pick up the slack you are going to have a big problem putting the
national on.Put that national is the same place every year and by year 3 you
won't have a single LOCAL person to help you and that is a cold hard fact. From
some of the private replys looks live the banguet people took her for a royal
hay ride. Too bad. Hell for 10 to 12 thousand I wil do the b anquet. I
guarentee I will make money and the food will be excellent. Hell
  I could
 have it set up in the ring after the completion of judging and never miss a
beat. :0) While the judges is doing pictures and giving critiques I could have
the tables moved in and the food set up. There doesn't need to be a lot of
choice there just needs to be a lot of good food.
Terry
Carolyn <marhaven@xxxxxxx> wrote:
The National Judges are on their feet making decisions all day long for three
days.
They should be well taken care and made as comfortable as possible with food and
transportation. They need to be hosted with transportation and meals readily
available.

Its the same with our Ring Stewards. Some of them come to the National for no
other reason than to Ring Steward and they do a great job and I just found out
that
after being on their feet and making sure everything runs smoothly for the dogs,
handlers, judges, etc. for almost all of the National.......most of the time, no
one takes care of them for Lunch!!! They are often given so much time to find
lunch
on their own....and we ALL know that the concession stands are not always ideal.
They should have Lunch brought to them, with drinks, juice, etc. besides water
available to them all day, along with some kind of reasonable snacks as well as
for the Judges.
Our Judges and our Ring Stewards are responsible for the outcome of the Judging
and efficiency of Judging all the dogs for our National Specialty for DAYS!!!
Surely
their comfort and food and transportation should be the PRIORITY!!!!
BOTH are exhausting jobs....and they can't just leave the arena at any given
time.

Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Barbara or DTA Amidon"
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 6:09 AM Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Naturall
Solutions

>I try not and grip as everyone works so hard..I had to get up at 515am
> each morning to be in the lobby at 7.00am???I did not start judging
> until after Debbie was through the bitch class at maybe after 9 am some
> time..I asked could I be picked up later ???No one to do that???So doing
> a class than waiting ..You stiffen a little and lose the momentem...I
> dont know the solution as it is hard work to organize this show..There
> were only a few club members to pick up and take back the Judges..I
> never got dinner after the first nite..No car Not even would I like to
> go to dinner???I went to bed early with a snack...My daughter also
> stayed with me she also ended up with just a snack..Rita Sandell who
> pick us up and for most of the time drove us back worked her tail
> off,,Friday I had no one to drive us back to the hotel the great Doctor
> Mesdag who was suppose to be at a wda meetingt volunteered..The club was
> short handed ..All in all everything worked out..Three cheers for the
> hard club workers Barbara Amidon
>
> http://www.geocities.com/amberkennel

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original