[ SHOWGSD-L ] Judges Judging..

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 20:16:29 EDT

In a message dated 8/16/05 9:41:48 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
WyMarGSD2@xxxxxxx writes:
who  feels brave enough to stand up and share how they feel they can
help  promote positive judging methods?

The majority of the judges out there do the best they can. There is no
reason to not try as hard as you can to do a good job. There may be a few
judges
who just plain don't know what to do, but there are very few who go in the ring
 to do a bad job.

Those judges who have not a clue as to our breed are rare, and when they  are
on the judging panel, it is best to not give them an entry. In that way,
they will not be picked to judge another show, and those who will do a good
job,
will get the assignment.

I keep hearing about dishonest judges, but I feel it is more stupidity and
incompetence than dishonesty.  We can chose who we want to show under, and
while in a club we can pick who is going to judge.  If we pick wisely, the
entry
will show it.

Evan

_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together