[ SHOWGSD-L ] It it time to admit a mistake

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, inquestgsd@xxxxxxx, pagairs@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 06:13:50 -0500 (EST)

And the hard work of those who gave up their time. Nancy is at the top of
the list.

The Centennial was great, and a tribute to our breed, our club, and our
board.   I do think concerns about the World Trial limited what we  did, but
as always, our National was great fun.

I have for a long time thought it was time to cut loose the WDA, but always
 felt it might be because I am only interested in conformation.  Now I am
sure it is also due to what has happened to that organization.  When they
threw out Ken Downing as president without a valid meeting, notice to him,
and  so that they could do whatever they wanted, it was the last straw for me.
  Now it should be the last straw for the GSDCA.

It was a great experiment, but one that did not work. The WDA has now
become a problem for us, and it is time to admit it.  The AKC will allow  the
clubs to do bite work, so perhaps we should incorporate that in our club and
stop supporting an organization that has such contempt for the GSDCA.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and  Temperament come  together

In a message dated 2/23/2014 11:35:18 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

The  Centennial did not lose money, it was paid for by the gracious
donations
of  GSDCA members

Nancy Harper
2013 Centennial Chair