[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: It is time to show our support of the Eugene Oregon club

  • From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • To: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx, Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx, pmick@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, marhaven@xxxxxxx, fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:20:52 EDT

Hi All
I can relate to the nonsense about strollers at dogshows.  Palm  Springs KC
has instituted this as well as Long Beach KC. When Hunter was very  small I had
officious, lol, I mean officials nab me (nevermind I was  wearing a grooming
apron, and pulling a grooming case with the other hand)  and try to get me to
leave the grounds with the stroller.  I asked them  why, and they claimed,
that a child in a stroller is at just the right height to  be bitten by a
dog...so when I asked them if they thought it would be safer to  have my son
strapped
in a stroller or toddling around able to walk up to said  dogs and hug them
they had very little to say.  I was "allowed" to proceed  to the grooming area
by these people with nothing better to do.
Ironically, at a Futurity weekend three years ago, when Hunter was just a
little guy (in stroller)and we were walking across the park to go to the tent
within about 15 feet of a  male shepherd, well known, that  came after  him in
the stroller , all teeth and spit...there was not another dog around us,  .he
just wanted Hunter.  I was shocked and very angry at the owner that  gave a
correction of "Oh now (name) don't do that.."   I wanted to  strangle both of
them.

Show officials need to understand the safest way to have a little one at  the
show is IN a stroller.  Amazing that they have nothing better to do  than to
harass moms and dads.

Kathy Gray

Finest in American Show & German Importing
WEBSITE UPDATED: JUNE 27, 2005

_Victory German  Shepherds_ (http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/index.htm)