[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Is this for REAL?????? OMG !!!!--CHICKEN-----

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: cheradongsd@xxxxxxx, "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx list" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 13:56:48 -0700

Actually, thousands of male chicks are picked from the thousands upon
thousands of chicks hatched as the male chicks (ahem) do not lay eggs
and if there's more than one rooster, you have a cockfight.

Perhaps somebody can come up with an economical way to cuddle the
chick and send it on it's way, but until then this is instantaneous
and necessary.  I would think that the people could aim better,
though.  Having the chicks fall on the floor, of course, is NOT
instantaneous.

Sorting the chicks, hundred thousand a day, can't be done with loving
hands.  I could wish it could, but it can't and still feed millions of
people.  The person filming this video wants everybody to be vegans.
And trying to be as coarse as possible with the video to gross people
out.   These people don't run in screaming, stop the cruelty.  They
watch and video the most ugly of what is possible, then edit to even
make it more ugly.

Does this make me hard hearted or cruel?  I couldn't do that job, but
then I couldn't do the much more humane killing in an animal
shelter,either.  But are both necessary?  Unfortunately.  When a
better way is invented to feed millions of people, I'm sure it will
happen.   And when NO KILL happens in the animal shelters, there won't
be as much need killing of healthy adoptable animals,either.   Look at
the Calgary model.

Stormy