[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Is not the message....or is it?

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <sally@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 22:42:25 -0700

From: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx  Suzanne writes:
> The whole point is, they are a part of us to keep us in the WUSV.  There are
> a lot
> of members who think that that is important.  The only reason they are not
> just
> another committee is that AT THAT TIME the AKC wouldn't allow the PC to have
> schutzhund group.  Things have changes with 911 to include the formation of
> the
> Working Dog Program initiated by Carmen.  Now it is more "acceptable" and
> perhaps we
> should drive to bring the WDA completely into the fold.  It is just another
> aspect
> of the breed, like agility, herding, obedience, and tracking.
my response:
I think the idea of a drive to bring WDA completely into the fold is a great
idea.
It should not be "ANOTHER aspect of the Breed"!    This is a working Breed, a
Herding
Breed and Conformation is just a dog that is as close to the Standard as
possible for
the
original purpose of the Breed.......it should all be one!    The Breed should
be
capable
of all.........why can't our Parent Club be capable of it all if AKC no longer
puts
that
restriction on it???
Is there some reason that we should be separate entities???
Would there be some hidden agenda that makes it better to keep them separate?
Would WDA joining our Parent Club as a Committee mean we would risk changes
in the Standard or how the dogs are shown or our Judges?    How would it affect
our Parent Club ......good or bad.......that causes us to keep maintaining two
different Organizations????   Would there be a lot of infighting and
bickering....?
WHY do we need to spread membership and money thinly between the two???
WHY can't it be another Committee???    We do have a Herding Committee don't
we....and someone or Committees  that handles A.O.E.'s and Rescue and
R.O.M.s....?
If their Standard is not different........why are the Clubs different and not
one?

Suzanne writes:
> We were seperated STRICTLY because of the AKC's stand which no longer exists.
> understand that folks think that there could be a conflict of interest for
> Board
> members who serve on two boards.  I'm not disputing the folks questioning
> specifically that - never really considered it.  However, I do dispute that
> the WDA
> should be a completely seperate entity.  I've said it before and I'll say it
> again -
> THEY ARE US!    I think folks might be surprised by the number of even list
> members
> who are WDA members.  Personally, I am and darned proud of it!> --
> Suzanne > www.tsalishepherds.com
                    ***********************************
my response:
If THEY ARE US.........then why aren't THEY US????    WHY do we need an entire
separate slate and why do we have a separate membership roster and an entirely
different nomination and election???   Why do they need specific moneys
different
than our own GSDCA Organization and membership?
IF the reason no longer exists.........why does the situation and separation
still
exist??
Wonder if those running on the slate for the WDA might consider answering these
questions???
My apologies......I have not been on the computer and have been doing a lot of
deleting to clear my e-mail......I came into this thread in the middle and have
deleted a lot......what am I missing??   Why ARE we separate entities??
Why are we not privy to their membership roster and information and.......etc.
if they ARE US?

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com