[ SHOWGSD-L ] ~ If It Should Be ~

  • From: VSabiaB@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 01:39:07 EDT

In loving Memory of...
Ch. Von Charisma's Destiny "SABIA"
July 23, 1992 - Aug. 11, 2005
I said Good-Bye to my life, constant companion, my first Champion, my shadow
at the age of 13.......Thank you Sabia for giving "me" the best years of your
life. Until we meet again.
There will never be another SABIA..

~IF IT SHOULD BE~
If it should be I grow frail and weak
and pain should wake me from my sleep,
then you must do what must be done
for this last battle can't be won.
We both know my life is done.
I know in time you too will see
it is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved
from pain and suffering I've been saved.
I'm in heaven now playing puppy games!
You will be sad, I understand
Our love and friendship will stand the test.
Do not grieve that it should be you
who has to decide this thing to do.
We've been so close these 13 years
don't let your heart hold any tears, sorrow or grief.
We've had so many happy times
what is to come will hold no fears.
You'll not want me to suffer, so
when the time comes, please let me go, Mommy Dear.
We are born to live and thus to die,
Each life is a different size.
When you look at the stars up in the sky
I am there right by your side my tail wagging saying, Hi mom!
We loved, we played, we had such fun
Let these be the things you focus on.
I'll fly free as a bird, no pain to hold
You loved me enough to let me go!
Our love stood the test and we both won!
The pain I suffered is now done.
And so SABIA, your life slipped out of mine
On a quiet, summer day
But I knew that a part of you
Was always here to stay
I will always love you Sabia....