[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I don't get it

  • From: Gsdman2@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 18:23:35 EST

In a message dated 12/20/2005 11:07:48 AM Central Standard Time,
tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
What was correct 45 years ago is not correct today because we have been
working to improve - not on the standard - but the breed - trying to get closer
that illusive perfection.
Suzanne's post was a good one.  I would only ammend the above sentence to
this:
What was correct 45 years ago, is still correct. (The standard is virtually
the same.) However, in many ways the dogs today are closer to "correct" than
they were then because we have been working to improve - not on the standard -
but the breed - trying to get closer to that illusive perfection.

Tom Langlitz