[ SHOWGSD-L ] I am what I project

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 18:57:14 EDT

In a message dated 8/13/2005 2:44:14 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
dfritsche@xxxxxxxxx writes:
A fellow  was getting into his 4x4 pickup truck - roll bar, driving
lights, carbine  in the rear window rack, cowboy hat, tight jeans,
plaid shirt unbuttoned  down the front, cowboy boots, large belt
buckle, everything for the right  image, except in the back of his
pickup truck was a well manicured poodle!  Just did not fit!!

I was 14 in Grand Rapids Michigan. I was six foot tall, and  weighed 90 lbs.
I had a Lambretta scooter that I drove all the time. I  rode one Saturday to
McGovern's Harley Davidson on lower Division Avenue, and  walked through the
store, smelling the leather, and goofing on the chrome and  loud noises from
the back.

I went outside to sit on my scooter and talk to the Dude, (at that time  he
was called a Hood) on the back of a Harley Flat Head. He was tall, thin, had
the leather jacket, and at least a pound of grease in his hair, flattened back
with a peak in front. He had the mirrored sun glasses the boots with the
studs  up and down the sides and metal toes to kick ass if need be. His wallet
was
 attached to a long chain which was hooked to his wide leather belt.

He took a long look around, stood and stomped on the  starter, (no electric
starters in those days) and as his machine screamed  to life, he turned to me
and said:

"Well, I guess I have to go, I need to get home to cut the grass".

Ain't life grand?  Do you think after Bono went Grand Victor, someone  still
has to pick up his shit?

Evan
_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/