[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I HATE SNOW & Cost of staying WARM!

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 16:57:27 EST

Just got my heating bill yesterday.  Even with having to keep the  house
extra warm for a week when the puppy was born, I wasn't expecting it  to
be higher than any I received last winter!  Natural gas prices  increased by
50% here, and the really cold stuff hasn't hit yet - ouch!!!

Janice Buchanan
Freezing in Utah

In a message dated 12/4/2005 11:34:12 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
gailbauman@xxxxxx writes:
You can  add me to the list, although why I don't move somewhere that doesn't
get snow  is beyond me!!  Here in South Dakota we got blasted by one of the
worst  blizzards we have had in several years - we only got 9 inches of snow,
but the  drifts got to be as high as some people's houses when the 50 to 60 mph
winds  hit, plus it was on top of about 2 inches of freezing
rain/ice.....THAT was on  Monday into Tuesday this past week.  Then on
Wednesday we got
another 6-7  inches.  I was without power until mid-Tuesday afternoon, and
there are
 still some people in the state who won't have any power until perhaps today
or  tomorrow - at least I had my dogs to keep me warm.  All of this happened
in November - and they say that this year, DECEMBER is going to be way snowier
 than usual - YIKES!!!!!
Everyone says we need the moisture.....but  I'd GLADLY take it in the form of
a nice, warm rain!!  Send some of that  70-degree weather here!!  LOL!!