[ SHOWGSD-L ] Hurricane assistance/Happy Birthday Nash/Ashley's brags

  • From: "windmillgsd@xxxxxxxx" <windmillgsd@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Germanshepherds4Show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 15:16:11 GMT

Wow...so much is going on that is more important than trivial things...first of
all, we would like to offer our home for anyone that needs to take their
animals somewhere while they are displaced from their homes.  We have 12 acres,
and can take dogs, cats, birds, horses...ALL animals if people have nowhere for
them to go.  We are in East Texas.  I lived through a hurricane that destroyed
our house while we were in it when I was 12, and I know how horrible the
aftermath can be.....just give us a call at 903-382-2051 if you need somewhere
to take your pets!!

On a happier note, I would like to wish my boy Nash a very Happy 9th Birthday
today!  Nash is CH Happy Mar Nash Bridges Of Nordlicht--by CH Schokrest
Frequent Flyer ROM x BOM Covy-Tucker Nordlicht's Spice.  Nash is the best
German Shepherd I have ever owned...the perfect show dog, companion, protector
and friend to my 3 kids...chief puppy raiser at our house...goat and cat herder
(he has never hurt either one!)....winner of Best Veteran In
Show....owner-handled to his first 12 points.  When we purchased Nash, he was
16 months old and had never even been off of the farm in Oregon where he was
born.  He had never been around children or a show ring.  But, he learned
quickly how to show, and has been the BEST Juniors dog for Ashley these past 4
1/2 years.  She won Best Junior at the 2002 National with him, plus MANY more
All-Breed and Specialty Best Juniors.  My younger daughter Holly showed Nash
this summer at the Texas State 4-H Dog Show and won Best Handler with him, even
tho
 ugh she had never shown him before.  He just adapts well to every situation.
Sorry this is long, but I just love my dog and wish that every German Shepherd
could be just like him!!  Hopefully we will have many more birthdays together!

Speaking of Nash and Ashley (who is almost 15), she just won the Robert
Hamilton award for the top GSD Junior Handler of the year for the THIRD time!!
She also won the GSDCA Scholarship for the GSD Junior with the highest GPA for
the SECOND time!!!  We couldn't be prouder of Ashley and the dedication she has
to the dogs and showing!!!

--Heather
Proud mom of Ashley...2002 GSDCA Best Junior and 3 time winner of the Robert
Hamilton Award, and Holly...2005 TX 4-H Best Handler!
http://www.geocities.com/windmillgsd/home.html
Windmill's Synchronicity x Kaimacha Klassique litter born 8/12/05!