[ SHOWGSD-L ] Huntegate, The Board, and related - My Take

  • From: Steve Reierstad <wmj1944@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 07:18:27 -0800 (PST)

Up to now I have refrained from posting on these subjects because (1) I didn't
feel I could contribute anything worthwhile, and (2) I believed I could learn
more by just reading the ongoing threads.

  First, let me make it very clear that I despise PuppyMillers, Puppy Brokers,
Pet Stores, and anyone who aids and abets them and their ilk.  If I had it in
my power, I would see to it that every one of them would suffer the same misery
that they inflict on these poor puppies and dogs: wallowing in their own filth
and choking to death on their own stench, with no possibility of relief. Nor do
I have any use for the AR types who push their agenda of power and control
under the guise of giving a damn about animal suffering.

  That said, I wonder if we can see what is probably really going on here.  Can
anyone say "Divide and Conquer?"  Can anyone say Disinformation Campaign?"  Can
anyone say Agent Provocateur?"  Can anyone say "Diversionary Tactics?"  Our
AROWacko enemies are experts at these tactics. Take a good close look at what's
going on, and being aired publicly on the List: Board members who supposedly
refuse (or don't refuse, take your Pick) to participate in a Special Meeting
(via conference call, no less) to discuss the Hunte Membership (which never
should have happened in the first place), and all the while our AROWacko
enemies are howling with glee over this, while we are tearing at each other
like a horde of rats fighting bloodily over some tidbit from a garbage can.
What in the HELL is going on?  This whole thing is worse than what I would
imagine a really bad Soap Opera to be (not that there are any good ones, IMHO).

  And while all this is happening,  genetic Diseases such as EPI, B/T, and
other such scourges continue to run rampant in our Breed.  Mistreated, abused,
and abandoned GSD's continue to languish in "Shelters" with no one to help
them.  PuppyMillers and BYB's continue to spread misery and suffering,
supported by Brokers and Pet Store owners, and an uneducated, gullible Public.
 And the AROWackos are making the most of it.  No doubt they are gloating over
the ammunition we have put into their loathsome claws; I wonder how much money
we have saved them in advertising/PR campaigns alone.  Their campaign against
us continues relentlessly, while we squabble among ourselves.

  And what of our Dogs?  If our beloved Breed could see and understand this
performance, what would they think of us?  If they could talk, what would they
say?  I have no doubt that even if they did understand what is going on, their
devotion and loyalty to us would be as unwavering as ever.  It's a Blessing
that their Love for us is Unconditional, for, based on the events that have
unfolded over the last month or so, we have done nothing to earn it.

  If any of you watched the TV Series The Twilight Zone, you may remember an
episode called The Monsters Have Come to Maple Street.  If not, you might want
to get a copy of it and watch it.  See if you can see anyone you know in it.
It's very instructive.

  Steve

Visit Two Feathers German Shepherds online at http://www.wmj1944.com
Website updated 11/28/2006.
"Remember... Pillage first, THEN Burn!!"  Seen on a bumper Sticker