[ SHOWGSD-L ] Humble Pie & Margaritas in Tucson, AZ

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 23:14:57 GMT

The highlight of MY day - an e-mail from Bill Medley, (the love of, and the
fantasy of, my life).     Sigh.   :-)  :-)

After the most terrific first stage of the ride of my life, I ate some Humble
Pie today.  Harley and JR walked out of the ring together, looking fantastic,
but, without a ribbon!!  The Fasano's Special's Bitch went BOB, the Funk's Open
Dog went BOS, and Kim Schooley's Bitch went BOW....which made a 2 point (both
sides) show a major (both sides)!!  It was a most happy and exciting
day....good dogs, great wins, very happy people!!  This, my dear friends, is
what dog shows SHOULD be ALL about!!  My most loved and wonderful companion,
Harley, got beat, but, these things happen...we show, we ask a judge's opinion,
and we take our good, and our bad, results.....our friends are very
happy.....and I am so very happy for them, as I am very happy to be a recipient
of their friendship.  We celebrate the German Shepherd Dog, and we appreciate
how darned lucky we are to be a part of the good side of this dog show game.

JR took six of us out for a superb Mexican dinner in downtown Tucson.  Good
Margaritas and good food and lots of good laughs.

It is only 4:00.  I think the rest of the day, and evening, may be fun.  The
Tucson club is having a dinner for us all this evening.  The hotel has the best
employees and services, the show grounds are great,  the weather is ok, could
be cooler,

Tomorrow is another day, another judge.  Win or lose, I really believe that I,
or my friends, will have a really good day!!  i have laryngitis, which makes
doubling really difficult, especially in a ring that seems to be 3 acres.  :-)

Maybe I will have my voice back tomorrow, or maybe not.   Some will be happy
one way, and some will be happy another!!   How fun is that???

Paula

Home of Best in Show, Multi-Group Winning, GSDCA Dual Title Award Recipient,
AKC JAM/AOE, International and American Champion Asgard Harley Davidson v
Plamark, HT, PT, CGC, TC, HIC, OFA (Hips, Elbows, Heart & Thyroid)

Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/4bca4109bcb9a678cast06duc