[ SHOWGSD-L ] How I spent my afternoon in Ohio

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 23:57:09 EDT

I am too exhausted and excited after judging in Ohio, watching the Lakers
win the conference and finally sitting down.

I saw the most fantastic group of animals I have seen in a long time.   In
the American Bred Bitch class, I could have gone with any of the three top
entries of a class of six, and not a loser in there.

Then there was the Specials class of eight, and I want to say, as good a
group as I have ever seen in a local show.

My Best of Breed was a bitch that blew me away, and then when I  found  out
who it was, it made me smile. They brought Katerina under me.  She won
going away, and I wasn't sure, but I thought that might be who it was.

My Winner's Bitch was Kellee who I understand was a litter mate of my BOB
bitch.  She came from that American Bred class.

The winner of  Open dog class was Midnight of BenJo bred by Barbara
Amidon, and is a real star, but I went with my American Bred Dog, All Kidding
Aside for Winner's Dog.

The Reserve Winner's Dog came from the 9-12 Puppy Dog class, and I heard he
 was there to get ready for the Futurity, Bill of Rights.

Reserve Winner's Bitch was the Second American Bred Bitch Year of The
Gentlemen.

I gave Grand Champion points to the Veteran dog, who I recognized from his
Select win, Zillion Dollar Guy, and to 2 Much Bling, who was a move-up.

I tried something new. I brought all the champions in, checked them in,
then sent them back and called out the numbers of each as they came in to make
a  pass. By doing it that way I got the dogs in front, and then the bitches
and  then the Winner's dog and bitch and the Veteran. It made it easier for
me to  keep track, and what an amazing group it was when they lined up.

Since the 9-12 puppy dog went Reserve only the bitches came in for Best
Puppy.  I gave it to the 6-9  puppy bitch, Spreading The News, a real
showoff, and an easy pick for me.

I had a great time. I know some people will be upset with me, but I had
fun, and it is all about me.  I will try to type in the results tomorrow,  but
I am going to get some rest. It was hot, and by the time I got there, it
was  probably close to 90.  I understand the same BOB I put up won in the
morning, and I will see if I can figure a way to compare them.

More to come.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/