[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hot spots--HELP !!

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CheradonGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 08:47:13 -0700 (PDT)

What makes hot spots worse is all the licking.

  Try this!!!!!  LISTERINE ON THE SORE.  KEEPS IT CLEAN SO IT CAN HEAL.  TASTES
SO BAD DOGS LEAVE THE SPOT ALONE.

  My Rottie had lick granuloma, she was an OCD kind of dog.  The Listerine
stopped her in her lick tracks.

  You can put cortisone over the Listerine to aid in healing.

  I was told only original, but I use cool mint for me, and I put it on a sore
one of the dogs had, and no one touched the area.  It has to be applied 2 or 3
times a day, but it really works!!!!!
  sheila
CheradonGSD@xxxxxxx wrote:
  Hello List,
I know this has been discussed over and over--but I havent had a problem
with a hot spot in many years and like a dummy, I have deleted all the emails
about hot spots and cant remember the passwords to get into the archives. Now
all of a sudden for some unknown reason, I have a year old female with one on
her croup--that she is still working on. The only thing I have is some
Bitter Apple--but even that is several years old and I dont know if it is still
potent. I do NOT have fleas here--and I cant figure out why she is chewing
there. She is healthy to the best of my knowledge, nice coat, good weight, she
looks gorgeous----actually, she is in show condition right now. No fleas,
nothing has changed in her diet or dog food or life for that matter. the ONLY
thing I could think of is that I have been spraying her A LITTLE BIT with
"Bronco" horse and dog fly/mosquito spray in the morning (mostly on the outside
of her ears) so the flys dont bite her since she is in the kennel while I am
at work all day. Could this be the problem?? I dont douse her with
it--just a very light spray--and in fact,l for the past 3 days, I havent even
put
her out when I go to work-she has been in the house--so I havent used the spray
for prob 3 days on her. Last night was when I noticed the hot spot on her
rump--just above the base of her tail. I about the size of a 50 cent piece
and was red last nite but is not so red now.
I dont know what to use to stop her from chewing there and being itchy and
ruining her coat.
thanks,
Cheri Hunt
Cheradon Shepherds

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

http://mail.yahoo.com