[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Grand Champion Award

  • From: Rita Sandell <magic4sure@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 19:55:49 -0700 (PDT)

I like the rest of you think this is a little confusing.  I judged a show
Saturday and at the bottom of the Best of
Breed Sheet you mark your Best of Breed, Best of Winners, and Best of Opposite
Sex.

Under that this is what is written:  I certify that in my opinion the Best of
Breed (Insert Catalog No.)
Best of Opposite Sex (insert catalog no.) Select Dog (insert catalog no.)
Select Bitch (insert catalog
no.) are deserving of "Grand Championship" points on this day.
Please enter catalog number if awarded.  If BOB,BOS,Select Dog or Bitch are not
deemed deserving

If your BOB and/or BOS is not a champion of record, the grand champion points
will not be awarded.
This means if BOB and/or BOS is your winners dog and/or winners bitch AKC will
not award them the
grand champion points.  If your BOB and BOS are Champions of record they will
get the Grand Champion
points if you enter their catalog number in the last sentence.  The Select Dog
and Select Bitch comes from
the other champions that are entered.  You only give one Select Dog and one
Select Bitch.

Saturday I had 4 champions entered.  I had 3 dogs and 1 bitch special.  My BOB
and BOS were both
champions.  I gave one of the other male specials Select Dog.  Did not have but
one bitch special that
went BOS.  These 3 animals will  get Grand Champion points.

I hope this is a good explanation and I hope that I am right.  LOL

Rita Sandell