[ SHOWGSD-L ] Good condition or abuse?

  • From: Anja Heibloem-Stroud <anja_heibloem-stroud@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 13:53:03 -0800

Many of us who show or work our dogs keep them lean and in good condition, BUT
in the opinion of the general public WE ARE STARVING our dogs. So now, are we
in danger of being called abusers and getting hauled off to the hoosegow? Are
we in danger of having Joe Blow turn us in because we crate our dogs? Have some
that have, (god forbid) long nails? or are ungroomed? Several years ago I had a
bitch with DM, a house apraiser saw her and turned me into animal control for
having crippled dogs. Luckily the AC guy knew what DM was. Also, had a old
horse, in her thirty's that as she aged got thinner and thinner. All the senior
diet and special diet and hay and floating of the teeth did nothing for the old
lady and eventually she died. AC was concerned about her as well.  Do you know
they charge $135. just to haul her to the landfill? Cremation is around a
$1000. for a horse. So, what is our recourse if we are accused of abuse?
What prevents them, the powers of authority of stealing our fit dogs and
declaring them as "starved and abused"?  Anja
Anja Heibloem-Stroud www.pet-net.net/hausmekon/