[ SHOWGSD-L ] Good Will Ambassador, 2005 BRAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • From: "Mo Murkland" <murk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 09:07:33 -0500

   I finally heard last night after pestering everyone I could think of......
Our Konigin's Great Balls Afire, TC, CGC, TDI aka Jerry Lee won the Goodwill
Ambassador for 2005! Jerry Lee had well over 600 Therapy visits in his
career.......the kids were his great love, and especially the special needs
kids. He loved the nursing homes and all his grandparents........... He had his
own Fan Club at the VA Hospital among the Vietnam Dog Handlers.........many
were the tears he licked off their faces as they told us about their German
Shepherds.
  I am so in awe of him and the way he walked thru his time on earth. I can not
believe that God blessed me with such a friend and companion. He passed his
wonderful temperament down to his kids, Grand kids and now Great Grand
kids.....giving me 3 generations now of Therapy Dogs.
   Jerry Lee's son, Little Richard will go to the Nationals with me to accept
the award for his Dad. Rick has been an active Therapy Dog since he was 6
months old and started working with the special needs kids.....he also has 10
points, both majors!
  Jerry Lee was out of Abraxas Airleas v Konigin and sired by Ch Clayfield's
Norwest Eastwood.
Mo and Amy Murkland