[ SHOWGSD-L ] Giving Thanks

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:48:20 -0500

With Thanksgiving less than a week away, it got me to thinking of the
things that I'm thankful for and some of those things that we take for
granted every day as if it was a given.  So put your "thinking cap" on,
if you will, and think of the things that you have to be thankful for.
I'm going to share mine with you during this season that should be one
of "thankfulness".  Please feel free to share your own list of things to
be thankful for.  I'd love to hear them, rather than some of the belly
aching we all get caught up in sometimes.

Things I'm thankful for:  It's icy cold today, but the sun is shining
brightly.  My old car is fixed and running again and will get me around
to do my chores.  And because it's fixed, I can now go to the church I
want to go to which is two hours away and really give thanks.  I'm
thankful for the old friends that have remained and the new ones who
continue to come into my life.  I'm thankful for having gone to the
doctors a few days ago and my doctor saying "Barbara, I'm very proud of
you" because of an illness I'm working through and I developed a plan to
work with my doctor to help me get better, instead of asking him to help
find a miracle.  I am taking responsiblity for my own health recovery.
I'm thankful that my dog "Amber" came into my life because since I
bought her, my life has turned around in every way for the better.  I
had recently lost my mother and this precious animal has inspired me to
go forward.  I'm thankful for all my mother taught me and left in my
heart; the hard learned lessons that teaches you, you must get through
them to ever get to the other side.  I'm thankful for the roof over my
head, small dwelling that it may be, but it shelters me and my "Amber"
from the cold wet snow that blankets the earth around the house and it
reminds me of those who sleep on that earth sometimes in cardboard boxes
who are known as the homeless.  I'm thankful for accepting the place I
am in right now in my life even when I don't have all the answers to the
problems that come my way, knowing that this is where I am meant to be
for now.  I'm thankful that I know something better in my life is coming
because I have hope and faith.  Without either one of those, life will
bring you emptiness.

So thanks for listening (if you got this far) and letting me share with
you my thankfulness for my treasure chest of gifts that God has bestowed
on me.  Next time you want to say another nasty word or do a deed
against another, stop and thank the maker that he gave you the
intelligence to choose another option instead.  Barbara Galasso