[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSDCA having SchH trials? Was> It it time to admit a mi...

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: proudk9@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 14:24:11 -0500 (EST)

Jen you need to go to the web site.  There is a clear explanation of  why
entries are limited.  We had 4 + 4 and 2 alternates.  That took 2  judges and
a whole host of volunteers over several days.  So no, expanding  would only
expand the losses.

http://gsdca.org/events/tracking

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message dated 2/24/2014 1:44:54 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
proudk9@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> On Feb 24, 2014, at 11:48, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx  wrote:
>
> Um..no.
>
> The reason tracking has low  entries is because of the space/time needed
for
> EACH run. Available  slots are limited.
ALL AKC performance sports have maximum entry  limits, though sadly they o
ften aren't needed. I used to enter the day I got  my premium list for many
obedience trials I went to, or I wouldn't get an  entry!  Working dog sport
is a time consuming event as well, of course  the tracking adds to that
time-per-dog total.
But wouldn't it be a  wonderful thing if the interest was large enough to
warrant 2 days of tracking  or 3 days even?  It would surely be a money maker
at that point, would it  not?  That tracking is fewer & farther between
than many/most  performance sports, to offer the slots would more than likely
being the teams  to fill them since it's so hard to get a run in the first
place,  no?

Jen P & the pack thinking positive as I peep through the door  of
opportunity =

http://showgsd.org/mail.html