[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSD Float

  • From: Mary-Anne <versatilegsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <michel@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <s_dstaack@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 15:36:13 -0500

Happy New Year.
The big image on the float was of a coated GSD known as Johnny Cash who is
the personal protection dog of the woman who started the foundation that
raises money to buy the working dogs for the police.  Once she found out
that it costs $13000 to train a dog, she started the foundation and has
raised enough money now to purchase 18 dogs just for Harris County alone.
More information can be had at :
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/entertainment/tv/article/K9s4Cops-make-their-debut-at-the-Rose-Parade-5105705.php#/0

Please notice the photo of Kristi and Johnny Cash above the article.
Sorry, but to me it looks nothing like the Malinois that I’m seeing used in
protection and working dogs up here.
Mary-Anne