[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: [TX_RPOA_E-News] RPOA: I'll keep my freedom, my pets, etc.

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 13:09:54 -0500 (EST)

____________________________________
 From: rpoa@xxxxxxxxx
To:  TX_RPOA_E-NEWS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 12/29/2012 11:44:42 A.M. Central  Standard Time
Subj: [TX_RPOA_E-News] RPOA: I'll keep my freedom,  my pets, etc.

TX-RPOA E-News
>From RPOA Texas Outreach and
Responsible Pet  Owners Alliance
December 29, 2012

Instead of only "preaching to the  choir," RPOA has launched a Media
Campaign
to educate the general public.  This went out on PR Newswire 12.26.12.
Please circulate to your local  media, personal veterinarians and
legislators! At the link below, links to  our other press releases can be
found.

"I'll  keep my freedom, my pets, and my money. You can keep the change!"
says
Responsible Pet Owners Alliance

_http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ill-keep-my-freedom-my-pets-and-my-
money--you-can-keep-the-change-says-responsible-pet-owners-alliance-18483536
1.html_
(http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ill-keep-my-freedom-my-pets-and-my-money--you-can-keep-the-change-says-responsible-pet-owners-alliance-
184835361.html)

OR  Tiny URL:
_http://tinyurl.com/c5rbf4p_ (http://tinyurl.com/c5rbf4p)

SAN  ANTONIO, Texas, Dec. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Unfortunately

little publicity has been given to the Animal Scam that rakes in millions
each year to achieve the Animal Rights Movement's radical agenda to end
all
animal use and ownership.

"Animal Rights" is an international  movement closely aligned with
environmental extremists. The Movement spread  to California from England
more than 20 years ago and has slowly crept all  across the country.
Legislation is their weapon of choice! Pet shops are  being outlawed which
threatens all species of pets, not only dogs and  cats.

The ongoing legislative battle to regulate pet ownership out of  existence
in
incremental steps is waging in our cities, counties, and at  state and
federal levels. It is a radical agenda with a well greased and  well
financed "propaganda machine" that has duped the media and elected
officials
at all levels of government. HSUS is the worst offender as it is  not a
government agency as some believe, and has no affiliation with local
humane
societies.

In the past 5 years, the extremists have made  tremendous inroads with
anti-pet legislation, declaring each victory a  "first step." They have
reared their ugly head in Texas, that last bastion  of "freedom." To these
anti-pet groups, there are no responsible breeders  of pets and they want
all
pet breeding and sales to become unlawful. Most  pet owners do not realize
how this legislation will affect them in the  future.

People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) purchased  billboard
advertising recently to attack Thanksgiving tradition with this  text,
"KIDS:
If you wouldn't eat your dog, why eat a turkey? Go Vegan.  PETA" This sick
ad transposed a pet dog's head on a turkey's  body.

For their agenda regarding all animal use (including pet  ownership), check
out National Animal Interest Alliance's  website:

_h
ttp://www.naiaonline.org/naia-library/articles/quotes-from-the-leaders-of-the-animal-rights-movement/_

(http://www.naiaonline.org/naia-library/articles/quotes-from-the-leaders-of-the-animal-rights-movement/)

Wayne  Pacelle , (HSUS) Vegan President: "We have no ethical obligation to
preserve the different breeds of livestock produced through selective
breeding ... One generation and out. We have no problems with the
extinction of domestic animals. They are creations of human selective
breeding."

Ingrid Newkirk , People for the Ethical Treatment of  Animals: "For one
thing we would no longer allow breeding. People could  not create different
breeds. If people had companion animals in their  homes, these animals
would
have to be refugees from the animal shelter and  the streets ... But as the
surplus of cats and dogs declined, eventually  companion animals would be
phased out and we would return to a more  symbiotic relationship - enjoyment
at a distance."

Tom Regan , (The  Philosophy of Animal Rights, Culture and Animals
Foundation): "It is not  larger, cleaner cages that justice demands ... But
empty  cages."

Contact: Mary Beth Duerler , Executive Director
(210)  822-6763, _rpoa@texas.net_ (mailto:rpoa@xxxxxxxxx)
DONATE:  www.rpoatexasoutreach.org
RPOA formed to preserve the human/animal bond and  our historic working
relationship with animals.
SOURCE Responsible Pet  Owners  Alliance
Subscribe  to this announcement only email list by emailing:
_TX_RPOA_E-News-subscribe@yahoogroups.com_
(mailto:TX_RPOA_E-News-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

__._,_.___
_Reply  via web post_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TX_RPOA_E-News/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJwcWIxM2gxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNzg1NzEwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0Mj
QxMQRtc2dJZAM1MzMEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMzU2ODAyOTcx?act=reply&mes
sageNumS3)   _Reply  to sender _
(mailto:rpoa@xxxxxxxxx?subject=Re:%20RPOA:%20%20I'll%20keep%20my%20freedom,%20my%20pets,%20etc.)
  _Reply  to group _
(mailto:TX_RPOA_E-News@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Re:%20RPOA:%20%20I'll%20keep%
20my%20freedom,%20my%20pets,%20etc.)  _Start  a New Topic_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TX_RPOA_E-News/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJmbzRtbms0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdyc
ElkAzEzNzg1NzEwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MjQxMQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzN
TY4MDI5NzE-)   _Messages  in this topic_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TX_RPOA_E-News/message/533;_ylc=X3oDMTMzaGVhMGZsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNzg1
NzEwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MjQxMQRtc2dJZAM1MzMEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMx
MzU2ODAyOTcxBHRwY0lkAzUzMw--)  (1)
Recent Activity:

_Visit  Your Group_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TX_RPOA_E-News;_ylc=X3oDMTJmZ3I5YmtoBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNzg1NzEwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MjQxMQRzZ
WMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzEzNTY4MDI5NzE-)

RPOA Texas Outreach (501 C4  Nonprofit)
www.rpoatexasoutreach.org
Responsible Pet Owners Alliance  (501 C3 Nonprofit)
www.responsiblepetowners.org
900 NE Loop 410  #311-D
San Antonio, TX 78209
Donations make all things possible!