[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: New Question. judges & future judges

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 01:42:16 EDT

In a message dated 8/10/2005 12:41:13 A.M. Central Standard Time,
Bokenkampgsd1 writes:

In a message dated 8/9/2005 5:02:08 P.M. Central Standard Time,
EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx writes:

First do we agree dog shows are a place to evaluate breeding  stock. The
judge
is saying with his/her top placings these are the  dogs that in my opinion
should be used for breeding. With this in  mind. you have a class of more
than 4
animals in that class you  have at least 4 top quality animals one of which
is a
showing fool  never puts a foot down wrong. But there is one that is
obviously
superior in structure but is an uninspired show dog in fact the  only time
you
can evaluate it's gait is when it is heading for the  exit.   WHO WINS and
why.
Fred  Migliore

This one is easy - to separate the 2 in your mind is simply to see  "nice and
flashy" or "great and correct".   As said, easy  choice.  A dog does not have
to have outstanding showmanship to be  exciting to me - superior structure
brings goosebumps every time.   How much more exciting should it be?   If the
judge can see 2  or 3 good steps, if you know what you are looking at, and Fred
does, as  said, this is an easy choice.

Molly

Trillia German  Shepherds

Trillia  German  Shepherds