[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: AKC/Chase CCard

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:29:18 EDT

<<I just received a phone call, actually the man asked for Stephen Nelson.
 Since I don't ever talk to telemarketers, I said he was not available.
 The man was quite insistent about calling back. I finally convinced him to
tell
 me what he wanted. He was actually looking for my son, Stephen Nelson, Jr.
 He identified himself as from Chase BAnk and the AKC. I told him,my husband
 had nothing to do with AKC. He insisted he did. He said,"according to his
 records, Stephen Nelson had registered a litter of Labradors in 1999." He
 proceeded to give me the date of birth, litter #, all details. He was
wanting
 to sign
 him up for a credit card. This invasion of privacy and the selling of
private
 information is what I foresee if PAWS passes. Will AKC be selling all our
 personal info to any and every list they can to make a few bucks?

 Permission to forward given.

 Jean Nelson
 Avalon Kennels (Cockers)
 Breeder/owner of over 20 champions>>