[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fw: The Review

  • From: "Penny & Bill" <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Show List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 08:25:20 -0500

This was my letter to the board.  It was written from the heart.
Penny in NY
*************************************
Dear Board Members of the GSDCA,
I try to be positive whenever I can.  But tomorrow is January 1st, 2006 and I
have yet to receive my November 2005 Review.  When I get it, I won't care if
the issue is small.  Traditionally (at least for the last 24 years, which is
how long I've been a GSDCA member) November AND December Reviews have been
small--I attribute that to the fall-off after our National.
It is the timelessness that disturbs me.
I feel that I have a right to comment on this because 1.  I am a member in good
standing in our club and 2.  in 2005, I sent in a 3 page memorial ad for my
friend Henry Dancosse, plus a 2 page remembrance for my own Ch. Landsend's
Tetley Tea Kid.  Those memorials were done BEAUTIFULLY, I might add.
I don't know what the answer is--I would like to be part of the solution.  I
have offered (more than once) to write articles, news reports (from dog shows)
and book reviews.  (I am an English teacher and a good writer.)  The offer
still stands, although this obviously would not effect the timeliness of the
Review.
Thanks for listening.
Sincerely,
Penny Kroh