[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fw: Important Information About Your AKC Registration

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: campaigners@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:09:37 EDT

In a message dated 8/30/2005 12:49:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
campaigners@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Anyone  else get this?

(re the offer for a free 60 day trial pet insurance)

Yes.  It's a neat idea for puppy people.  They've been  doing it a while
now...I'm not a huge fan of pet insurance for "us" because most  do our own
shots
(except rabies), and like a lot of insurance, there is a  limited fee
schedule, for instance a % of UCR (usual, customary and reasonable),  so 80% or
60%
doesn't REALLY mean that 80% or 60% of the bill will be paid....  AND when you
read the exclusions, most genetic <linked> diseases aren't  covered, nor would
anything related to breeding, so, like I said, not a whole  lot of use for us,
but for puppy people, why not?  With everything they can  do for dogs today,
veterinary expenses can be quite high.  I buried my nose  in a magazine this
past Monday while in the vet's waiting room.  There was  a lady there who was
just told what she would owe ($6,400+), and was trying to  call her mom for a
credit card #.  Sad:(  Now, I have no idea what was  the matter w/ the dog, and
this is a state of the art place and their bills, I'm  sure, are above what
an insurance company would consider "customary", but even  if a portion of the
bill would have been covered, I'm sure it would have  been welcome.

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_