[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurity Judging Requirements

  • From: RChesnut70502@xxxxxxx
  • To: rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:41:44 EDT

In a message dated 8/24/05 12:21:48 PM Central Daylight Time,
rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Futurity  Judging Requirements

I think it would be easier if the clubs held  more matches. :0) The Oregon
club has held 2 this year. Your club held a  match before the show started on
Sat.  I truly believe that the fun  matches will do more to bring new people
to the breed than anything  else.
Terry

There are those that would say Puppy Matches are not worth the trouble for
the few that attend.  Possibly they are correct.  But why so few at  Matches?
Hell why so few at our Specialties?

Years ago Puppy Matches were a great family activity.  We cooked,  played
cards, had raffles, and other things that people today would find  boring.
There
was "heart in the Sport back in the day. It was  fun,fun,fun!  Sadly we have
lost that heart.  We can all make excuses  from gas prices to the Iraqi War,
but the real reason is no one is having any  FUN!

Look at the Clubs that are putting on 5pt majors consistantly and you will
find dedicated members who make it happen.  They have "heart".  If you  want it
bad enough it will happen.  Today no one wants it bad  enough.

Please Santa Claus, make it fun again!

Back to my martini,
Randy