[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ft Collins is definitely east of the Rockies

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Erynbrook@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 15:17:13 -0700 (PDT)

Wow when you are 6,200 miles above sea level you are out of this world so you
are not east or west. But you are really high :0)
  Terry
Erynbrook@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 7/30/2007 6:22:56 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx writes:
If you have to look west to see the Rockies you are in the east. Anything
west of the rockies is the west anything east of the rockies is either Middle
America of East. If you want to think you are in the west that is ok with
me but you aren't a western. Looking west at the Rockies does not count. If
you are western you have to look east to see the Rockies.

OK - let me get this straight. My house sits at approximately 6,200 miles
above sea leverl. My property sits on the very shallow edge of an enormous
aquifer that end when it hits the Rockies. Standing in my living room I see the
Rocky Mountains to the west- about 15 miles to the west in fact. If I drive
for less than one hour, when I get out of my car I can see the Rocky Mountains
by looking west OR east. It will take me 4 hours of driving west to get to
the western border of Colorado, by which time the Rocky Mountains will
definitely be in my rear view mirror. And you want to tell me I live in middle
America?