[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fight for the right to have the right to fight

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 23:36:41 EST

In a message dated 12/6/2005 8:30:19 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
epeningt@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
So very  sad that most in opposition are afraid to say anything in fear of
being  targeted by the all enconpasing powers being given to ACO (Animal
Control  Officers).

One of the joys of being an attorney is that you know there is  a
constitution of this country, and no matter what laws are passed in a local
election, if
they run against the constitution, they will fail in the appeals  court.

There is a constitutional right to be free of unreasonable  search and
seizure.  Often local agencies pass laws that allow search  without proper
cause.
Those laws get struck down. Even the Patriot Act had tried  to eliminate some
of
those freedoms for searches, and they were overruled by the  Supreme Court.

I often fight this sort of thing, and have taken them to the  Appeals court
with some success. You have to stand up for your rights, and while  it is
difficult at times, it is necessary.  Freedom and civil rights can be
expensive
and difficult to save, but we have to do so, or they will be  lost.

That will be my last serious post until after the  holidays.

I love the smell of pine in the house.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together